1. Wash the beets. Place them on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in a 350°F convection oven. Roast until tender. Allow to cool. Peel the skin. Portion into ⅛”-thick slices. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Brush 1 side of 2 pieces of bread with olive oil. Place oiled-side down on a flat griddle or grill. Grill until golden-brown.
2. Brush 4 oz. of eggplant with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the eggplant on a heated grill or char-broiler. Grill until just cooked through. Place on one of the pieces of bread with the grilled side out.
3. Place 2 oz. of beets and ½ oz. of arugula on top of the eggplant. Drizzle 2 tsp. of white balsamic vinaigrette over the top of the arugula. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place 2 oz. of kohlrabi and 1 oz. of radishes on top of the arugula. With the grilled side out, spread 1½ oz. of dill cream cheese on the second slice of bread. Place the top on the sandwich. Slice in half on the bias. Place on a serving plate.
Search Our Site…