1. In a sauce pot, add the milk and whisk in the gelatin off the heat. Allow the gelatin to bloom for about 10 minutes.
2. While the gelatin is blooming, place 4 beef bones on a half-sheet tray fitted with a roasting rack. Roast in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until the marrow is just cooked through.
3. Spoon the marrow from the bones into a blender, adding the heavy cream.
4. Add the thyme to the milk and gelatin and bring to a simmer.
5. Remove from the heat and pour into the blender.
6. purée on high until smooth and strain through a chinois.
7. Allow the sauce to sit at room temperature or transfer to desire molds under refrigeration to congeal as panna cotta. Label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Search Our Site…