1. Peel the sweet potatoes. Slice ¼” thick widthwise about 1½ oz. each. Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potatoes. Season salt and pepper. Toss together. Place side-by-side on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in heated 350°F convection oven. Cook 10-12 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool, uncovered. Place in a storage container. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Butterfly the shrimp. Break the eggs into a stainless steel mixing bowl. Add a small amount of water. Mix thoroughly using a wire whisk. Place the flour, eggs and quinoa in separate 4” full stainless steel hotel pans. Place the shrimp in the flour to coat, and shake off excess. Place in the eggs and allow to drain. Place in the quinoa and shake off any excess. Transfer to a storage container in a single layer. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 5 sweet potato rounds on an oiled baking pan. Place in a 350°F convection oven. Cook for 2 minutes or until just warmed through.
2. Place 5 shrimp in a heated 350°F deep-fryer. Cook up to 3 minutes or until golden-brown and just cooked through. Allow to drain.
3. Drizzle 1 oz. of sweet potato hot sauce back and forth on a warmed serving plate. Place the sweet potatoes in a circular pattern on top of the sauce. Place shrimp on top of each sweet potato. Sprinkle 8-10 scallion slices on top of the shrimp.
Search Our Site…