Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well.
1. Place the chorizo sausage in a nonreactive rondeau. Chop the chorizo as it cooks, lightly browning the meat. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 155°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
2. Place the sausage in a fine mesh strainer to drain grease.
3. Place in a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F or below.
4. Trim, quarter and core the cabbage. Slice thinly on an electric slicer or mandoline. Spread the cabbage out on a parchment-lined sheet pan to allow any excess moisture to drain.
5. Julienne the carrots on a mandoline. Spread out on paper toweling to remove excess moisture.
6. Place cabbage, carrots and green onions in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly. Place in a covered storage container, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F or below.
1] Place 4 oz. of the cabbage mixture, 1 tsp. of paprika, 3 oz. of chorizo and 2 oz. of pepper jack cheese in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle 4 oz. of chilled batter over the top of the cabbage. Mix together using a rubber spatula. If the batter is too dry, adjust the consistency with small amounts of water. The mixture should be wet enough to coat the vegetable blend without running off.
2. Spread the cabbage mixture out on a heated flat griddle, forming it into a round 7” pancake using the edge of a metal spatula. Place a cover over the top of the pancake. Cook 4-5 minutes or until golden-brown. Turn the pancake.
3. Cover the pancake a second time. Cook another 4-5 minutes or until just cooked through. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 145°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds. Place on a warmed serving plate. Going back and forth, drizzle 1 oz. of okonomi sauce over the top the okonomiyaki. Going back and forth in opposite directions, drizzle 1 Tbsp. of cilantro sour cream over the top of the okonomi sauce to create a crisscross pattern. Drizzle 7-8 stripes of chipotle mayonnaise over the top of the cilantro sour cream.
4. Shingle 2 oz. of avocado on top of the center of the okonomiyaki. Spoon 1½ oz. of drained salsa on top of the avocado lengthwise. Place 3-4 sprigs each of cilantro on both sides of the avocado.
Search Our Site…