1. Place beans in a storage container. Cover with cold water. Cover container with film wrap and soak 24 hours.
2. Place the beans in a colander. Allow to drain. Place the broth in pot. Bring to a boil.
3. Place the olive oil in a nonreactive rondeau. Add the onions, celery, garlic and bay leaves. Sauté until onions are translucent.
4. Add the warmed broth, zesty seasoning and Italian herb seasoning. Bring to a simmer. Cover rondeau. Stir frequently. Add the beans and cook until beans are tender. If beans become dry, add water if necessary. Adjust to desired creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Add the kale. Cook 10-15 minutes or until tender.
5. Place in a 4″ stainless steel hotel pan. Allow to cool uncovered. Transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until needed. Heat portion sizes as needed for service. If beans become dry, add water when reheating.
Search Our Site…