1. Peel and cut the turnips into jardiniere batons using a mandoline and reserve in cold water.
2. In a nonreactive saucepot, whisk together the water, vinegar, sugar, salt and beet powder and bring to a boil.
3. Meanwhile strain the turnips and add to a cambro container large enough to hold all the pickling liquid.
4. Pour the boiling pickling liquid over the turnip batons and allow to cool.
5. Once cool, place in desired containers with lids and hold under refrigeration for service.
Search Our Site…