1. Trim the ends of each cucumber and discard.
2. Using a vegetable cleaver or a wide chef’s knife, lay the widest part of the blade over the cucumber. Either using your palm or a fist wrapped in a towel, pound downward against the blade, smashing the cucumber. Continue until the cucumber is in bite-size pieces.
3. Place the cucumbers in a stainless steel bowl. Add the salt and stir to distribute. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
4. Drain the liquid away from the cucumbers.
5. Fold in the sambal, garlic, rice wine vinegar and the thinly sliced Fresno peppers. Ensure that the dressing is coating everything and is evenly distributed.
6. Place in deli containers and hold under refrigeration until needed.
* For best results, make at least a day in advance so the flavors can meld.
Search Our Site…