1. Preheat a flat-top grill to 350°F.
2. For the cevapi sausage, weigh 2 oz. portions on a scale and roll them into meatballs.
3. Spin the sausage in your hands to elongate them into a loose cylinder.
4. Transfer the sausage to a sheet tray lined with parchment. Tape the parchment down to keep it into place.
5. Lightly press down on the sausage with your flat hand and roll it up and down until it is about 5” long and is uniform, similar to a breakfast sausage. This process can be done well in advance to save time.
6. Skewer the cevapi, bottom to top like a popsicle to make them easier to turn on the grill. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Place the sausage down on a greased/seasoned flat top grill and cook it for about 3 minutes per side, caramelizing the exterior. Cook the sausage until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 165°F, held for 15 seconds.
8. Remove from the grill, and place on a desired serving plate, garnish with pickled red onion and dill.
9. Spoon out the tzatziki sauce, followed by the smashed cucumber salad.
10. Garnish with the root vegetable chips for an extra layer of texture (fry the chips well in advance).
11. Serve immediately.
Search Our Site…