1. Pre-heat your fryer to 350°F.
2. Gather 6 containers and fill halfway with cold water.
3. Peel all the vegetables except the Idaho potatoes and place each in separate containers with cold water.
4. Slice each type of root vegetable using a mandoline set to 1/16” with a slight bias. Return the slices to the individual containers with cold water to prevent oxidization and remove unwanted starches.
5. When ready to fry, drain each vegetable into a colander.
6. Gather hotel pans with either a roasting rack insert or a perforated insert.
7. Fry each type of root vegetable in batches, keeping the varieties separate, in an open fryer with the baskets removed.
8. Turn the chips over constantly in the fryer to ensure uniform cooking.
9. When the chips appear crisp and golden, carefully remove and shake off the excess grease before placing the chips into a lined hotel pan.
10. Season immediately, as desired.
11. Repeat the process until all types of root vegetables are fried, crisp and cooled.
12. Combine all the chips together in a large container with a perforated insert.
13. Serve as needed.
Search Our Site…