1. Remove any excess silverskin from the pork. Place the tenderloin in the brine and cover. Refrigerate for 5-7 days. Stir the tenderloin once a day to ensure proper saturation. Remove from the brine. Place on paper toweling and allow to drain. Slice into 5 oz. medallions. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
2. Slice the chorizo on the bias into ½-oz. pieces. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. Blanch the vegetables separately in boiling salted water. Drain. Cool under tap water. Drain. Place in separate storage containers. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 1 oz. of olive oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Place 2 pork medallions in the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Sear on both sides. Cook to desired doneness. Add 3 oz. of chorizo to the pan. Cook until just warmed through.
2. Place 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. As soon as the oil begins to smoke, add 2 oz. each of rutabagas, sweet potatoes, Granny Smith and Fuji apples to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Toss mixture in the pan. Sauté until caramelized and just warmed through.
3. Ladle 1½ oz. of warmed pork jus onto a warmed serving plate. Spread the vegetable mixture on the plate. Place the pork and sausage on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle 6-7 parsley leaves on top of the pork and sausage.
Search Our Site…