1. Slice 2 lb. of bacon into ¼” pieces. Place in a heated nonstick skillet. Cook until browned and crunchy. Place in a fine mesh strainer and allow to drain. Reserve the bacon fat. Place in a storage container until needed.
2. Place 1 cup bacon fat in a heated rondeau. Add 2 lb. of onions and 2 Tbsp. of garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
3. Add 3 qts. of water to the onions. Bring to a boil. Place 1 qt. of warm water in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Add 24 oz. of gravy mix to the bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
4. Slowly add the gravy mix to the boiling water. Mix thoroughly. Add the bacon to the gravy mix and bring to a boil. Stir frequently. Simmer 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust gravy mixture to desired consistency with extra water if necessary.
5. Allow to cool. Transfer to a storage container, cover and refrigerate until needed.
Search Our Site…