1. Trim and peel carrots. Julienne on a mandoline to desired length and matchstick size. Place carrots in a storage container.
2. Combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt in a sauce pot and whisk until sugar and salt are dissolved.
3. Bring to a boil and place the carrots in the pot. Stir them until they are covered by the hot liquid.
4. Shut the flame off and pull the pot off the stove.
5. Pour the carrots and liquid into a storage container and refrigerate for 24 hours. Store up to 7 days.
Search Our Site…