In the fast-paced world of restaurants and commercial kitchens, time is of the essence. Preparing food quickly and efficiently can mean the difference between rave reviews with repeat customers and dissatisfied, unhappy diners. With high demand and tight schedules, it’s crucial for restaurants and commercial kitchens to optimize operations and save time on food prep. By doing so, they can increase productivity, reduce labor costs, and improve the quality and consistency of the menu.
Let’s Talk Dessert
One way to save time on that food prep is by addressing dessert & bakery menus. Using Krusteaz Professional Ready-to-Bake Batters in place of baking menu items from scratch can be a convenient and efficient option. They are perfect for restaurants, catering, long-term care, hospitals, and schools alike for many reasons:
- Batters are pre-mixed and portioned, eliminating the need to measure and mix ingredients from scratch. Each bag can make a ½ sheet pan, 36 standard muffins/cupcakes, or 3-9″ cake rounds for the cake and muffin batters. They can also be baked in a number of other baking vessels, allowing your staff to create signature dishes, in various finished formats.
- All of Krusteaz Professional’s Ready-to-Bake Batters have a long shelf life. The Brownie Batters have a 10-month shelf life, and the Cake and Muffin Batters have an 8-month shelf life. Plus, a bag will stay fresh for 7 days after opening. Additionally, Krusteaz Professional batters contain no preservatives, making them ideal for ingredient-conscious kitchens.
- The learning curve for teaching new staff dessert preparation is significantly reduced – no baking experience is required!
- Staff can focus on other tasks such as preparing toppings and garnishes, or prepping the rest of the day’s menu.
- Cleanup from prep goes way, way down. Since the batters are already mixed, there are fewer dishes and less mess to get from prep to serve.
Fresh, Ready-to-Bake Cake – Muffin Batters can also offer several advantages over using frozen pre-made desserts or cooking from scratch. Krusteaz Professional Ready-to-Bake Batter provides a higher quality and more authentic taste than pre-made frozen desserts, which often contain preservatives that may alter the flavor. Additionally, using these batters allows for greater creativity and customization in the baking process, since your establishment can customize them to fit your menu and be served in a variety of different ways. Overall, while pre-made frozen desserts and baking from scratch both have their merits, using fresh ready-to-bake cake batters is a delicious and convenient option for those who prioritize taste, quality, and labor savings.
Inspiration & Ideas for Krusteaz Professional Ready-to-Bake Batters
Krusteaz Professional Ready-to-Bake Cake – Muffin Batters come in four flavors: Sweet Cream Vanilla, Cinnamon Spice, and Chocolate. There is also a Ready-to-Bake Brownie Batter. It can be a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of both traditional and unconventional ways. Use it as a base for homemade waffles, pancakes, and coffee cakes. You can also use the batter to make cake pops, banana bread, parfaits, dessert shooters, or as a topping for cobblers or pies. Get even more creative by using it to make deep-fried desserts like funnel cakes. Here’s a recipe for each flavor to get you started.