1. Place the potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water until just tender. Do not let them get soft. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Refrigerate uncovered until completely cooled. Transfer to a storage container. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
2. Peel the potatoes. Coarsely shred by hand on a box grater. Place in a large stainless steel mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour over the top of the potatoes. Toss together lightly until blended. Do not over mix. Keep the shreds as long as possible. Drizzle the beaten eggs over the top of the potatoes. Toss together once more until blended.
3. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper. Coat with cooking spray. Spread the potatoes out on the half pan. Lightly press the potatoes down into the pan so it is even with the edges. Cover with film wrap. Refrigerate for at least one hour or until completely chilled.
4. Slice into tenths lengthwise and sixteenths widthwise. Remove the squares from the pan. Press the sliced edges together if necessary.
5. Place in a deep-fryer basket. Lower the basket into a heated 350°F deep-fryer. Cook up to 3 minutes or until golden-brown and just warmed through. Allow to drain.
Search Our Site…