1. Peel, trim and cut onions in half. Slice onions to roughly 1/16” and ensure they are not sticking together to increase their surface area.
2. Combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt in a sauce pot. Whisk until the sugar and salt are dissolved and bring to a boil.
3. Add the onions to the boiling pickling liquid and stir to coat and distribute equally.
4. Bring the pot to a simmer and then remove from the heat.
5. Pour the pickled onions into a storage container, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Drain before use.
For additional nutrition information, log in to Cycle Menu Management and search for key name 0117071. Not using Cycle Menu Management? Learn more.
Search Our Site…