1. Peel, trim and cut onions in half. Slice onions to roughly 1/16” and ensure they are not sticking together to increase their surface area.
2. Combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt in a sauce pot. Whisk until the sugar and salt are dissolved and bring to a boil.
3. Add the onions to the boiling pickling liquid and stir to coat and distribute equally.
4. Bring the pot to a simmer and then remove from the heat.
5. Pour the pickled onions into a storage container, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Drain before use.
Search Our Site…