Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well.
1. Place 2 quarts of lightly salted water and 1 Tbsp. of vinegar in a non-stick sauce pan. Bring to a simmer.
2. Break eggs one by one into a small cup and slowly pour into the simmering water. Poach at a bare simmer until the whites are firm and the yolk is still soft, about 3 minutes. Remove egg from water using a slotted spoon, let drain.
3. Brush one side of a piece of ciabatta bread with 1 tsp. of olive oil. Place on a heated flat griddle oiled-side down. Grill until golden brown.
4. Place 1 tsp. of olive oil on a heated flat griddle. Place 3 oz. of sliced mushrooms on the griddle. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook sides until just warmed through.
5. Place the ciabatta on a warmed serving plate, grilled side up. Spread ¼ oz. of arugula on top of the bread. Layer the warm mushrooms on top of the arugula. Sprinkle ½ oz. of shredded parmesan over the top of the mushrooms.
6. Ladle 3 oz. of warmed thyme cream sauce over the top of the mushrooms and cheese. Place the poached egg on top of the sauce. Sprinkle ¼ tsp. sliced chives over the egg and sauce.
Search Our Site…