1. Peel the rutabagas. Dice into 1″ squares. Place in boiling salted water. Simmer until just cooked through. Place in a colander. Allow to drain. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Allow to cool.
2. Peel the celery root and carrots. Keep separate. Cook times will vary. Place in mixing bowls. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over each vegetable. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on parchment-lined sheet pans. Place in a 350°F convection oven. Cook 30 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool.
3. Trim the fennel and leeks. Slice thin. Place 1 oz. of olive oil in a heated sauté pan. Add the fennel and leeks. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until tender. Allow to cool.
4. Place the rutabagas, celery root, carrots fennel, leeks, 2 c. of olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, turmeric and celery seed in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. In small batches place in a food processor and chop until smooth. Place in a storage container. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Spray both sides of two pieces of bread with the olive oil spray. Grill on both sides until browned and crunchy.
2. Place ½ oz. of arugula on a serving plate. Place 4 oz. of root vegetable hummus on top of the arugula. Place 1 Tbsp. of mustard seed relish on top of the hummus. Slice the bread slices diagonally. Stack them next to the hummus.
Search Our Site…