1. Preheat a convection oven to 400°F. on high fan.
2. Perforate the sweet potato with a fork to allow steam to escape.
3. Wrap the sweet potato in foil and place on a roasting rack lined inside a sheet tray.
4. Bake in for 30 minutes or until the potato is just cooked through (soft to the touch).
5. Allow the potato to cool completely under refrigeration inside the foil.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Heat a convection oven to 350°F. on high fan and set a broiler/salamander to high.
2. Cut one 6 oz. cooked sweet potato in half and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast, cut-side up to retherm the sweet potatoes in a small saute pan at 350°F. on high fan for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and drizzle the tahini and honey on top of each side. Brush with a pastry brush to evenly coat.
5. Place the sweet potatoes under the broiler/salamander to caramelize (1-2 minutes).
6. Remove from the broiler/salamander and apply the walnuts, sesame seeds and chili flakes to the sticky honey and tahini, allowing it to adhere.
7. Plate the sweet potatoes on a serving plate, cut-side up.
8. Pipe a line of the apple butter in a linear fashion following the contour of the sweet potato.
9. Serve immediately.
Search Our Site…