1. Place the olive oil and butter in a nonreactive rondeau. As soon as the butter has melted, add the onions, jalapenos, garlic and ginger. Stir frequently. Cook until the onions are tender.
2. Add tomato paste, paprika, cumin, black pepper, cloves, and nutmeg to the onion mixture. Stir until blended. Cook 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock, heavy cream and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Simmer 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
4. In small batches, place the sauce in a blender with the center cap removed. Place a paper towel over the hole to allow steam to escape. Puree until smooth.
5. Return to a clean nonreactive rondeau. Bring to a boil. Simmer 20 minutes. Serve hot or allow to cool. Place in a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label and refrigerate until needed. Reheat portions as needed.
Search Our Site…