1. Thaw the pulled turkey under refrigeration and reserve until needed.
To prepare à a carte:
1. Spray one side of each slice of bread with cooking spray. Place on a heated flat griddle, oiled side down. Cook until golden-brown.
2. Place 3 oz. of turkey in a stainless steel mixing bowl and add 1 Tbsp. of the piri piri rub. Toss together until the turkey is evenly coated.
3. Spray a heated flat griddle with cooking spray. Place the turkey on the griddle. Cook until just warmed through.
4. In a stainless steel bowl, add the kale crunch mixture and dress it with the lemon tahini dressing.
5. Place each piece of bread toasted side down. Spread 2 Tbsp. of the avocado pulp on the inside of each slice of bread.
6. Place the pulled piri piri turkey on what will be the bottom slice followed by ½ c. of kale crunch salad.
7. Add the top bread slice to the sandwich, cut in half and serve.
STATS PER SERVING Calories: 600; Fat: 34 g.; Saturated Fat: 4.5 g.; Trans Fat: 0 g.; Sodium: 580 mg.; Carbohydrates: 49 g.; Protein: 31 g.
Meal Pattern Equivalents: 2 oz. grain, 1 c. dark green vegetable, 3 oz. meat/meat alt.
Search Our Site…