1. Place the whole peppers on an open gas burner. Blacken and char the peppers on all sides. Be careful not to overcook. Place the peppers in a stainless steel hotel pan to cool.
2. Place the olive oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cut around the core of the pepper and remove the skin.
4. Place the peppers, onions, gravy and cilantro in a blender and blend until smooth. Place in a nonstick saucepan. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Allow to cool. Transfer to a covered storage container, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Search Our Site…