1. Trim the fat cap off the pork loin and slice the loin widthwise into 4-oz. medallions. Cover each medallion with film wrap and pound with the smooth side of a meat-tenderizing mallet until about ⅛” thick.
2. Break the eggs into a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk with a small amount of water. Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate 4″ full stainless steel hotel pans. Season each piece of pork with salt and pepper to taste. Place the pork in the flour and shake off excess flour. Place in the eggs and allow to drain. Place in the bread crumbs and shake off excess crumbs. Transfer to a covered storage container in a single layer. Label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 3 oz. of canola oil in a nonstick sauté pan. Over medium heat, place a breaded pork schnitzel in the pan. Cook on both sides until golden-brown. Cook until just cooked through.
2. Place ¾ oz. of frisee and ½ oz. each of radicchio and Belgian endive in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Drizzle 2-3 drops of olive oil over the top of the lettuce. Season with salt and pepper. Toss together.
3. Drizzle ½ oz. of mustard dressing on one side of a warmed serving plate. Drizzle ½ oz. of Kentucky bourbon sauce on the second side of the plate. Place the schnitzel on top of the sauces in the middle of the plate. Place the salad on top of the schnitzel in a tight mound. Place 2 oz. of jicama slaw on the plate next to the schnitzel.
Search Our Site…