1. Peel the sweet potatoes, cut into quarters and add them to a large pot of cold salted water.
2. Heat the pot to boiling and add the vinegar (to help retain the color of the potatoes.)
3. Simmer the sweet potatoes until just tender (the tip of a paring knife can penetrate the center of the largest potato without resistance).
4. Strain sweet potatoes and place them in the original pot on the stove to keep warm (yield should be about 4¾ lb. of potatoes).
5. Add the browned butter, ginger, heavy cream, white miso, brown sugar, nutmeg and lime juice in a large saucepan.
6. Whisk ingredients to fully combine and bring to a simmer.
7. Add the sweet potatoes to a food processor, and smooth in equal-sized batches by adding the cream mixture until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Transfer potatoes to a serving platter and garnish with lime zest and furikake seasoning. Serve immediately.
Search Our Site…