1. Wash the outside rinds of the melons in a prep sink and dry with paper towel.
2. On a cutting board cut the tops of each melon removing just the rind down to the flesh. This is to create a flat
3. Place the flat surface down on top of the cutting board and trim away the exterior rind of the melons to just the flesh. Discard the rind.
4. Cut the melon in half and use a large serving spoon to scoop away the seeds and discard.
5. Cut the melons in desired shapes or melon ball and reserve. (Note: if you have access to a vacuum machine, cryovac the melon cuts on full pressure removing the oxygen in the bag. This will compress the melons creating contrasting color and texture in this dish opposed to just fresh-cut fruit. Refrigerate melons in the cryovac for at least 4 hours to get the full benefit of this process.
6. Plate the melons as desired on a serving plate, alternating colors and shapes.
7. Drizzle the honey over the melons and add sunflower seeds and sumac. These ingredients will adhere to the honey.
8. Pipe the whipped labneh from a pastry bag into rounds and spoon down the sunflower seed butter.
9. Further garnish with zest from ¼ of a lime, and hand torn mint leaves.
For additional nutrition information, log in to Cycle Menu Management and search for key name 0204119. Not using Cycle Menu Management? Learn more.
Search Our Site…