1. In a heated rondeau, add the ground plant-based beef. Using a wooden spoon, mash and chop the beef into fine pieces using a wooden spoon or a heat-resistant spatula and season with salt and pepper. Cook until just cooked through.
2. Add the olive oil with the onions, peppers, celery, garlic, chili flakes and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are caramelized and tender, stirring frequently.
3. Add the San Marzano puree and fold all ingredients thoroughly. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce reaches a desired consistency.
4. Add the Parmesan cheese and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Off the heat, fold in the chopped parsley. Allow the sauce to cool and transfer to a nonreactive storage container and refrigerate until needed.
Search Our Site…