1. Patty the chorizo sausage into 4 oz., 4″ circles. Place in a nonreactive storage container between parchment paper layers. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place a chorizo sausage patty on a heated flat griddle. Grill on both sides until just cooked through.
2. Ladle 1 tsp. of olive oil into a heated, nonstick egg pan. Break an egg into the pan. Cook the egg on one side for sunny-side up, or cook to desired doneness.
3. Brush the insides of the top and bottom half of the bun with 2 tsp. of olive oil. Place on a heated flat griddle oiled-side down. Cook until golden-brown.
4. Place the bottom half of the bun on a warmed serving plate, toasted-side up. Place the chorizo on top of the bun. Place 2 slices of cheese on top of the chorizo. Place under a heated salamander or broiler to melt and warm the cheese.
5. Place 2 oz. of sliced avocado on top of the chorizo. Place the egg on top of the avocado. Sprinkle a small amount of paprika on top of the egg. Lean the top of the bun grilled side down against the egg. Place a ramekin of salsa next to the sandwich.
Search Our Site…