1. Slice the bacon in half lengthwise. Bake at 350°F for 6-7 minutes. Drain grease. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan and refrigerate until needed.
2. Slice the cabbage on a mandoline and spread out on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Slice the carrots on a mandoline and spread out on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Transfer the cabbage, carrots and scallions to a covered storage container and refrigerate until needed.
3. Prepare the ramen noodles per package instructions. Transfer cooked noodles to a storage container. Add a small amount of oil to prevent sticking. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Break 2 eggs into a stainless steel bowl. Beat long enough to break yolks. Set aside.
2. Ladle 4 oz. of cold batter on a heated flat griddle. Using the bottom of the ladle, spread the batter in a circular motion to form a 7” pancake.
3. Spread 3 oz. of cabbage on the batter. Top with 3 oz. of shrimp. Add 4 strips of bacon. Place a cover over the pancake and cook 4-6 minutes. Flip the pancake over, cover and cook another 4-6 minutes.
4. Drizzle 2 oz. of oil on the griddle. Slowly pour the beaten eggs onto the griddle keeping them in a 7” circle. Place 4 oz. of ramen noodles on the griddle. Squirt 1 oz. of water over the noodles and cover. Cook 20-30 seconds. Drizzle with 1 oz. of okonomi sauce and toss.
5. Spread the noodles out on top of the egg. Place the pancake on top of the noodles with the bacon side down. Press together lightly. Turn the cake over so the egg is facing up. Place on a serving plate, pancake-side down. Drizzle with 1 oz. of okonomi sauce and 1 oz. of mayonnaise. Garnish with bonito flakes, scallions and red pepper threads.
Search Our Site…