1. Simmer water in a sauce pan and pour over the raisins in a deli container and cover with the lid. Allow the raisins to hydrate for at least 1 hour. For full hydration, refrigerate overnight.
2. Heat the the oil blend in a medium-sized saucepot over medium heat until the oil starts to shimmer.
3. Sweat down the minced shallots and ginger, stirring frequently with a spatula. Adding a little salt will draw out some moisture and aid in the sweating.
4. Add the strained raisins, pineapple juice, maple syrup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and white miso to the pot.
5. Stir to fully incorporate the ingredients and reduce until roughly just under half.
6. Pour the mixture into a Vitamix blender (or equivalent) and purée until smooth.
7. Add the cayenne, salt and ground cloves. Blend and adust the taste as needed.
8. Pour the contents into squeeze bottles or a deli container. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Search Our Site…