1. Combine the fonio and raisins in a nonreactive saucepan. Whisk in water and milk and bring to a boil. 2] Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, constantly stirring. Keep warm for service.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place ½ lb. of the fonio porridge in a warmed serving bowl.
2. Place a sliced strawberry fan at the back edge of the bowl.
3. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of honey over the top. Sprinkle ½ oz. of walnuts and ¼ oz. of granola over the top of the fonio.
4. Serve with dairy or nut milk.
STATS PER SERVING Calories: 510; Fat: 15 g.; Saturated Fat: 3 g.; Trans Fat: 0 g.; Sodium: 80 mg.
Search Our Site…