1. Small dice bacon and onions (leave separate).
2. Dilute ham base in the hot water until dissolved.
3. In a small sauce pot, cook the bacon until crisp, removing the bacon and leaving the fat in the pot.
4. Sauté the onion in the bacon fat until translucent.
5. Add thyme and mustard.
6. Add flour and stir together to make a blond roux.
7. Slowly whisk in the vinegar and ham stock until smooth.
8. Bring to a boil and reduce if needed.
9. Season with salt and pepper and add bacon to the dressing.
Search Our Site…