1. Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
2. On your range, turn two burners on high.
3. Place the eggplant across burner grates turned to high and char on all sides until the skins are blackened.
4. Remove from the heat and wrap foil around each eggplant.
5. Place the foil-wrapped eggplant in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator to cool.
7. Once cooled, remove the charred skin from the eggplant and cut in half lengthwise, splitting through the stem end.
8. Place the eggplant on a cutting board between two pieces of film wrap.
9. Use a mallet to gently pound the eggplant to ½“ thick.
10.] Arrange 4 quarter sheet trays, placing flour in one, whipped eggs in the second and breadcrumbs in the third. The fourth will hold the finished eggplant schnitzels after they are dredged through each tray.
Search Our Site…