Slice the bread on the bias into pieces about 4″ long and 2 oz. each. Place in a storage container, cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. Brush one side of each piece of bread with 1 tsp. of olive oil.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 2 pieces of bread on a heated flat griddle or grill oiled-side down. Grill on one side until golden-brown.
2. Spread 1 oz. of parsley ricotta on the grilled side of each piece of bread. Place on a warmed serving plate grilled-side up.
3. Place 1 tsp. of olive oil in a heated, nonstick egg pan. Break 2 eggs into the pan. Cook to desired doneness.
4. Place 1 tsp. of olive oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. When the oil begins to smoke, add 1 oz. of red onions and 2 oz. of mushrooms. Toss pan. Cook to desired doneness. Add 2 oz. of spinach and 1 oz. of tomatoes. Toss pan. Cook until the spinach begins to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Divide the vegetable mixture on top of the grilled bread. Place the eggs on top of the vegetable mixture. Grind black pepper to taste on top of the eggs.
Search Our Site…