1. Cook the pasta in boiling water until “al dente,” then strain in a colander. Cooked pasta yields almost three times dry starting weight.
2. Shock the noodles with ice water to stop the cooking process. The noodles can be reheated in the hot broth for service.
3. Place the broth and noodles in a serving bowl and add the julienned vegetables.
4. Slice the 6-minute egg in half the long way and turn each half so the yolk faces upward.
5. Place the egg in the broth nestled with the pasta, keeping the yolk above the broth line.
6. Garnish with radish slices, julienned scallions and peanuts.
Note: You can substitute a hard-boiled egg for the 6-minute egg.
Meal Pattern Equivalents: 1 oz. grain, 3 ½ oz. meat/meat alternate, ⅛ cup other vegetable
Search Our Site…