1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Place in a storage container until needed. Keep wet so the flour will stick to chickpeas.
2. Mix the flour, granulated onion and garlic, salt and pepper in a stainless steel 4″ half pan.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place an 8 oz. portion of chickpeas in the flour. Remove and shake off excess flour.
2. Place chickpeas in heated 350°F deep-fryer. Cook up to 2½ minutes or until lightly browned and crunchy. Allow to drain.
3. Place chickpeas in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of zesty country seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
Search Our Site…