1. Dissolve vegetable base in boiling water.
2. Sauté onions, garlic and bay leaves until onions are translucent.
3. Add quinoa and vegetable stock to the onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 20–30 minutes or until just cooked through. Stir frequently. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cool in a 2” stainless steel full hotel pan.
5. Transfer to a covered storage container, label, date and refrigerate until needed. 6] Hand pull to shred the chicken. Transfer to a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 3 oz. chicken, 2 oz. spinach, 1 oz. red peppers, 2 tsp. pesto and 4 oz. quinoa in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix together.
2. Place the mixture on an oiled griddle. Sauté for 2–3 minutes until the spinach wilts and mixture is just warmed through.
3. Place in a warmed serving bowl. Drizzle 1 oz. of dressing and sprinkle ½ oz. of cheese on top.
Stats per Serving
Fat: 26 g.
Saturated Fat: 8 g.
Trans Fat: 0 g.
Sodium: 520 mg.
Carbohydrates: 62 g.
Protein: 46 g.
Meal Pattern Equivalents:
1/2 oz. grain, 3 oz. meat, 1/10 cup other vegetable, 1 1/2 cup dark green vegetable, 1/5 cup red/orange vegetable
Search Our Site…