1. Break the eggs into a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Add a small amount of cold water. Whisk until blended. Place the flour in a hotel pan for dusting and rolling.
2. The Briolle Dough should be thawed overnight under your coldest refrigeration. Starting on a floured work surface, press the dough into an oblong shape. Roll the dough into a 12″ x 5″ rectangle. Dock both sides of the dough with a docker to prevent air pockets while baking. Brush the dough with egg wash.
3. Spread 2 1/2 oz. of ham in the center the length of the dough in a tight 1″-wide strip. Leave 1/2″ of the edge of the dough exposed on both sides and ends for folding and sealing. Spread 1 1/2 oz. of tapenade out on top of the ham. Fold the dough over the top of the ham and tapenade widthwise. Press down on the length of the edge to seal.
4. Egg wash the exposed side of the dough. Sprinkle 1 oz. cheese onto the dough lengthwise. Leave a 1/2″ of the ends exposed to seal. Roll the sealed dough into a coil. The side of the Briolle with the pressed and sealed edge is the top, the side that is simply a neat coil is the bottom. Gently press the sealed edges down to form the top of the Briolle. While holding the Briolle in hand, brush the top and upper half of the sides with egg wash.
5. Place the Briolle in a paper liner and put the lined Briolle into a full-sized muffin tin. Sprinkle 1/4 oz. of the cheese over the top of the egg wash. Push a presoaked rosemary sprig in the center of the Briolle. Wrap the leaves with a small piece of foil.
6. Bake in a 300°F convection oven for 35 minutes or until an internal temperature of 190°F is reached on a food thermometer. Allow to cool uncovered. Store in a covered container in a single layer.
Place a Briolle on a metal baking pan. Place in a heated 350°F convection oven. Bake 3-4 minutes to warm. Place 1/4 oz. of romaine on a serving plate and place the Briolle on top of it.
NOTE: For best results leave the Briolles completely wrapped. It is not necessary to slice the Briolles when reheating and serving.
Search Our Site…