1. Remove the masa batter from the cooler. It should be completely cooled and set.
2. Run a thin offset spatula or butter knife to loosen the edges of the quarter-size sheet tray and firmly flip the sheet tray down onto a cutting board, releasing the masa.
3. Cut the masa into 12 3-oz. pieces, 13” long and 3⁄4” wide. Once you make your first cut, carefully transfer it over to another sheet tray lined with parchment or silicone. Use 2 metal spatulas to support the transfer.
4. Continue to cut and move to the other tray until complete.
5. Wrap with film wrap and place in the freezer until frozen.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Remove 3 masa fries from the freezer and place individually in separate fryer baskets.
2. Deep-fry at 350°F for 5 minutes and remove with a pair of tongs.
3. Season with salt and pepper, adding sliced scallions.
4. Place three masa fries on a plate and serve with red pepper jam.
Search Our Site…