1. Sift rye, flour, garlic powder, salt, sugar, garlic and onion powder together and place in a stainless steel mixing bowl and reserve.
2. In a separate stainless steel bowl, mix together all the seeds until fully combined and reserve.
3. Gradually add water and olive oil to the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
4. Remove dough to a floured surface, working the dough until it is just combined.
5. Wrap in film and place in the cooler for at least 1 hour.
6. Roll the sheets out to desired thickness using either a pasta sheeting machine or using a rolling pin with the dough placed between two nonstick surfaces.
7. Use a pizza cutter or ravioli cutter to cut the dough into desired sizes. It will bake and separate on that line, so no need to move it.
8. Brush egg wash on the top of the dough.
9. Apply the seed mixture evenly across the crackers, pressing slightly so the seeds adhere.
10. Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes in convection oven.
11. Remove and place the crackers on a roasting rack to cool.
12. Place in a covered storage container. Label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Search Our Site…