Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well.
1. Bring 4 qt. of water to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Gradually sprinkle the contents of the beef gravy package into the water, whisking until smooth. Whisk in the rosemary-garlic seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Place the potatoes in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of oil over the potatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Spread out on a parchment-lined sheet pan in a single layer. Place in a heated 325°F convection oven for 20 minutes, or until tender.
3. Place the oil in a heated rondeau, as needed. Once the oil begins to smoke, add the beef. Sear on all sides. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the beef and pour off any excess oil. Add the carrots, celery, onions and garlic to the rondeau. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
4. Add the beef and undrained tomatoes to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil and mix frequently. Add 1 gal. of prepared warm gravy. Bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Portion while still hot. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 145°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
5. Spread containers out on parchment-lined sheet pans. Scoop 20-oz. portions into containers. Cover loosely with film wrap. Immediately place the tray on a rack and refrigerate. Let cool completely. CCP: Product must be cooled from 135°F to 70°F within 2 hours, and from 70°F to 41°F or less within 4 additional hours. Remove film wrap and sprinkle 2 tsp. of parsley over each portion of stew before covering again and refrigerating until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below. Store in a single layer.
Microwave: Cook on high power, or until warmed through.
Oven: Place on a metal sheet pan and bake in a 350°F heated oven 30 minutes, or until cooked through. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 165°F within 2 hours.
Search Our Site…