1. Place the beans in a container. Cover with cold water. Cover the container and refrigerate for 24 hours. Drain the beans in a colander. Place in a pot. Cover with 2 gal. of water. Bring to a boil. Simmer until just cooked through. Drain in a colander. Cover with cold water until cool, then drain.
2. Drain the artichokes in a colander. Press between paper toweling to remove excess moisture.
3. Heat 2 oz. of olive oil in a rondeau. When the oil begins to smoke, add the artichokes, onions and garlic to the rondeau. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat, stirring continuously, until the artichokes seared to a light brown color. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan to cool.
4. Place the artichoke mixture, 1½ lb. of beans, remaining olive oil and tahini, lemon juice and tarragon in a bowl and mix thoroughly. In small batches, place the mixture in a food processor and blend until smooth. Adjust to desired consistency with water. Transfer to a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service.
5. Slice the green scallions tops into thin 2-3″ long thin strips. Place in ice water. Cover and refrigerate until the tops have curled. Drain and pat dry before use.
To prepare à la carte:
Spread 1 oz. of radicchio chiffonade out on a chilled serving plate. Place 4 oz. of artichoke white bean hummus in the center of the radicchio. Place ¼ oz. of curly scallions on top of the hummus. Place 2 oz. of the chips blend next to the hummus.
Search Our Site…