1. Add 5 sorghum kernels to a large, heavy-bottom saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover and wait until 2 or 3 kernels pop (about 2½-3 minutes).
2. Remove the pot from the heat and add the remaining sorghum. Cover and allow to sit for 30 seconds off the heat.
3. Return the pot to the stove over medium-high heat.
4. Shake the pot frequently, with the lid slightly open until the popping starts to subside (about 2-3 minutes). Turn the heat to medium to reduce the number of darkened kernels.
5. Immediately pour the sorghum into a bowl and season as desired.
Search Our Site…