You don’t have to go to the big cities on the coasts and track down a Momofuku Milk Bar location to enjoy cereal-infused milk, the famous ingredient created by their James Beard award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi.
We talked about cereal-infused milk once before, sharing with you some great ideas for adult beverages that take advantage of this sweet, toasty treat for cocktails to impress, and bring out the kid in everyone.
But then we thought wait—what about the kids themselves?
Now you can easily make cereal-infused milk concoctions for all ages, to be used in everything from milkshakes to frosting to lattes to ice cream. And no, we won’t judge if you just stick a straw in it and drink it up all on its own. Because this cereal-infused milk is a treat in itself!
The secret? Toasting the cereal before infusing it into milk. Toasting brings out the flavor, much like toasting nuts accomplishes the same goal.
Try out the full recipe, also shown in the video below, and perhaps you’ll hear a little person near you proclaim what we heard ourselves recently:
“This is the most beautiful thing ever created.”
So go forth, create your own beautiful thing with cereal-infused milk: it’s an easy way to add some joy and wonder to what before was just a humdrum day.[video:https://youtu.be/7pJj5byGuQM theme:dark color:red provider:youtube align:center]
Directions for Perfect Cereal-Infused Milk
- Toast your cereal in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool, then add to milk and let infuse in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Strain the milk from the cereal.
Too sweet? No problem. Just add a splash of fresh milk + the tiniest pinch of salt to correct to taste.
Serve ice cold, topped with some fresh cereal as a garnish—or use in these recipe ideas below.
Add cereal-infused milk in place of regular milk in these treats to up your sweet treat concoction game:
- Try Lucky Charms™ milk, vanilla ice cream, and wrap a Fruit by the Foot™ around the straw for garnish
- We suggest adding Trix™ milk to a buttercream frosting recipe to top a Betty Crocker™ Party Rainbow Chip cake
- Try Cinnamon Toast Crunch milk™, with a chocolate syrup drizzle and Count Chocula™ sprinkle
- Infuse Cocoa Puffs™ into milk, then while freezing, layer with Reese’s Puffs® and a peanut butter swirl
And try all kinds of cereal in a milk to use in ice cream, creamy ice cubes for a summer iced coffee, and anything you can dream up that needs a little wow factor.