1. Place the sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in a heated 325°F convection oven. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
2. To prepare for service, break the eggs into small individual cups. Bring a nonreactive rondeau of salted water to a boil. Add a small amount of white vinegar to the water. Reduce to a simmer. This will help the egg whites coagulate when added to the water.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Slice a sweet potato in half lengthwise. Place on an oiled metal baking pan sliced side up. Place in a heated 350°F convection oven, sliced side up. Cook until just warmed through.
2. Slice an andouille sausage lengthwise. Spray a heated, nonstick sauté pan with pan spray. Place the two halves in the pan, sliced-side down. Cook on both sides until just warmed through.
3. Slowly pour 2 eggs into the water. Keep them separated. Cook to desired doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon. Allow to drain.
4. Place the 2 potato halves side by side, sliced-side up, in the center of a warmed serving plate. Place the sausage on top of the potato lengthwise. Ladle 3 oz. of Creole sauce over the sausage widthwise. Place the eggs down the center of the sausage and sauce. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of avocado cream across the top of the eggs and sauce.
5. Stand 3 slices of radishes on top of each of the two sausages. Shingle 3 slices of jalapeños on top of the eggs. Place a parsley sprig next to both sides of the sweet potato.
Search Our Site…