1. Place the lentils in a pot of simmering salted water. Cook 12 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite. Place in a fine mesh strainer. Rinse under cold water. Allow to drain. Spread out in a thin layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan uncovered. Allow to dry.
2. In batches, place the lentils in a dry fine mesh strainer. Place in a heated 350°F deep-fryer. Cook for about 45 seconds or until crispy. Place on paper toweling. Allow to drain. Place in a storage container. Cover until needed.
3. Place 4½ c. of cilantro chutney in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk 1¼ c. of olive oil into the chutney. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. Whisk together before each use.
4. Pat the shrimp dry with paper toweling. Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Sprinkle paprika and turmeric over the top of the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together using a rubber spatula. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add 7 shrimp to the pan. Sauté until just cooked through.
2. Place 4 oz. of greens and herbs in a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl. Drizzle 1½ oz. of cilantro chutney over the top of the greens. Season with salt and pepper. Toss together until blended.
3. Mound the greens on a chilled salad bowl or plate. Place ⅗ oz. of tomatoes and ½ oz. of radishes on the top center of the greens. Sprinkle 1 oz. of crispy lentils over the top of the salad. Going around the base of the salad, stand the shrimp with the tails up.
Search Our Site…