1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Turn a burner on the range to high and place the eggplant on the burner grate.
3. Char the eggplant on each side and continue until the skins are blackened (about 15 minutes).
5. Remove the eggplant from the burner and wrap in foil.
6. Place the eggplant on a sheet tray and roast in the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool under refrigeration.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Butterfly the eggplant leaving the stem intact and carefully remove the charred skins.
2. Place the flattened eggplant down on a serving plate and season with salt and pepper.
3. Top with watercress, lemon zest, sweety drop pepper halves, pickled red onion and micro greens.
4. Serve with a stack of black rice chips.
Search Our Site…