1. Place the apples in a colander and allow to drain. Place the raisins in a sauce pot. Add just enough water to cover the raisins. Bring to a boil. Simmer 1 minute. Drain and allow to cool.
2. Place the raisins, apples, 12 oz. of brown sugar, 2¼ oz. of flour, water, 12 oz. of melted butter, cinnamon and vanilla in a separate stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix together using a rubber spatula.
3. Place 6 oz. of the apple mixture in an 8 oz. mini iron skillet or a shallow 8 oz. baking dish.
4. For the topping. Place oatmeal, 7½ oz. of flour, pecans, 12 oz. of melted butter, 12 oz. of brown sugar and baking powder and baking soda to a stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix together using a rubber spatula.
5. Mound 3 oz. of topping on the apples up to the edge of the skillet. Place the skillet on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in a 350°F convection oven up to 15 minutes or until just warmed through and the topping is golden-brown and crunchy.
To prepare à la carte:
To reheat, place in a 350°F convection oven until just warmed through. Sprinkle ½ tsp. of powdered sugar on top of the topping. Place on an under liner to serve.
Search Our Site…