TROTWOOD, November 14, 2023 ─ Gordon Food ServiceⓇ, a privately held and family-managed foodservice distributor with operations in the U.S. and Canada, today opened its newly relocated and remodeled Trotwood, Ohio Gordon Food Service Store to serve local restaurants, food operations and the public.
The newly located Trotwood store marks a momentous expansion, growing its facility from 15,000 to 52,000 square feet. “This move not only enhances job opportunities but also strengthens the local workforce,” shared by Chad Downing, the CIC Executive Director.
Primarily designed to provide chef-quality food products to restaurant owners and foodservice professionals, the store will also cater to home shoppers with an assortment of packaged and fresh produce and goods.
“Gordon Food Service Store believes in the power of good food and its ability to bring people together and make moments special,” said Tim Grabar, president, Gordon Food Service Store. “We are excited to open our new remodeled location to the community and provide the chef-quality food products our stores are known for.”
Local shoppers can expect to find:
- Large seasonal produce department
- Meal solutions for shoppers looking for a quick dinner or for a holiday get-together with friends and family
- Wholesale walk-in customer coolers housing cases of meats, and dairy items
- Grab & Go meal solutions with an assortment of ready-to-eat and ready-to-heat items like rotisserie and fried chicken, ribs, deli sandwiches, cut fruit, and freshly squeezed juices
- Gourmet fresh popped popcorn
- Gordon Go!, a free wholesale loyalty program available to businesses and nonprofit customers to earn points that can be spent like cash or redeemed for $1,000 checks
- Convenient online ordering for same day in-store pick up
Gordon Food Service Stores will operate 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST on Sunday. Opening week specials and promotions will be shared through email. Customers can learn more and register to receive emails at gfsstore.com/signup/
About Gordon Food Service:
For more than 125 years, Gordon Food Service has delivered uncompromising quality and heartfelt service to our customers. Beginning as a simple butter-and-egg delivery service, we’ve grown to become the largest family-operated broadline food distribution company in North America. Our first store location opened in Wyoming, Mich., in 1979 for restaurants that ran out of products between deliveries. Today, we operate nearly 180 Gordon Food Service StoreⓇ locations in 13 states. To learn more about Gordon Food Service, please visit GFS.com. To learn more about Gordon Food Service Store, please visit GFSstore.com.
For more information contact: